Professional coffee machines in the Internet of Things
The traditional company WMF was founded in 1853 in Geislingen an der Steige and is a renowned manufacturer of household, catering and hotel goods. Since 1927 WMF has been manufacturing professional coffee machines for the catering trade and is today considered one of the market leaders in this segment.
All WMF coffee machines are exclusively manufactured at the Geislingen location and therefore rightly bear the seal of quality »Made in Germany«. Each coffee machine is unique and a specialist for the most diverse requirements of the catering trade.
WMF's offer goes far beyond the sale of coffee machines. With the development of the digital platform WMF CoffeeConnect a powerful instrument was created to support WMF customers.
WMF CoffeeConnect collects, analyses and processes the data of the connected coffee machines (sales figures, service information, error messages, etc.) and provides the equipment operator with an up-to-date overview of his equipment fleet at any time.
Thanks to the bidirectional design of the system, commands can also be sent to the coffee machine. Even special advertising offers that are to be shown on the display of the coffee machine can be transferred without any problems. WMF CoffeeConnect makes it possible to optimize processes, reduce service costs and increase sales.
Data transmission with M2MGate
INSIDE M2M was commissioned to implement the data transmission technology for the CoffeeConnect-Plattorm. The objective was to implement a fail-safe, scalable and globally usable system that guarantees secure, cost-efficient and bi-directional data transmission. With the integration of M2MGate V such a solution was created.
- Cloud infrastructure developed for worldwide use and very flexible to configure.
- Use of different transmission paths (mobile radio, LAN or WLAN), depending on the intended use and customer requirements.
- Not only can data be transmitted from the coffee machine, but commands (machine lock, recipe changes, etc.) can also be sent to the coffee machine.
- Files such as display pictures and videos can also be transferred to the coffee machine.
- Gewährleistung einer sicheren und zuverlässigen Datenübertragung („Protected Privacy IoT Product“ – Zertifiziert durch den TÜV Rheinland).
- Provision of interfaces (API) for integration into third-party systems
Security is crucial for innovative Internet of Things solutions
„Protected Privacy IoT Product“ – Certified by TÜV Rheinland:
To ensure that the data of the IoT solution is processed according to the highest requirements of information security and data protection, the WMF Group commissioned TÜV Rheinland as an external and independent testing service provider. With the successful certification the WMF GROUP is the first manufacturer of professional coffee machines to receive the certificate „Protected Privacy IoT Product“. You can find further information here:pressebox.de